Friday, March 8, 2013

Review of Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source – a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.


***** 5 STARS:  This series is my favorite and Kellan Kyle is my most favorite book boyfriend!
This book comes down to one question: Do you choose safety/comfort/trust or passion/fire/chemistry/excitment in a relationship?

“I want to be someone's everything. I want fire and passion, and love that's returned, equally. I want to be someone's heart.”

 I really liked this one, although the subject matter/relationship could be uncomfortable for some people (it's a love triangle with cheating involved). I thought it was realistic though as these types of situations happen a lot (although maybe not with someone as HOT has Kellan Kyle). Stephens did a wonderful job portraying the raw emotions, moral battles, and consequences involved in such relationships. I equate reading this book to riding an extreme roller coaster at an amusement park...full of extreme highs and extreme lows. I was drained when I finished reading it (it is a somewhat long book too).

I completely fell in love with Kellan, the lead singer of the D-Bags and total hottie with a tortured past. He's lonely, has so much heart and is hopeful for love.  He's a bad boy rock star with a "history" with women and unmistakeable magneticism. Stephens did a great job explaining why Kellan acts the way he does. It had me grabbing for the tissues a few times. The scene towards the end in the Space Needle had my emotions all over the place. I think Kellan Kyle is my favorite hero of all-time at this point (sigh).  Really, Ms. Stephens, could you have created a character any hotter, sexier, sweeter, I don't know...more "sex on a stick"?  Ugh.


“Our reconnection was intense and deeply emotional, like much of our relationship had been. He muttered things to me while we made love—how beautiful he thought I was, how much he’d missed me, how much he needed me, how empty he’d been, how much he loved me. I couldn’t even speak to tell him I felt the exact same way. I was too overcome by the emotion in his voice. Then he said something that tore me.
“Don’t leave…I don’t want to be alone.” He had actual tears in his eyes as he looked down on me. “I don’t want to be alone, anymore.”


I liked Denny, but I found him to be a little too "good" for my taste and too work-obsessed. He treats Kiera like a queen and is a total care taker, but he almost does it to a fault. I don't want to give away too much here, but I'll just leave it at I liked Denny, but he just didn't "do it" for me.  I felt badly for him, but I don't think he and Kiera were fated to be together.


Kiera, oh Kiera. I found her completely frustrating and annoying 80% of the time. I realize she is young and naive (and dealing with two attractive and attentive men), so I'm giving her a 20% leeway because of that. Otherwise, I found her indecisiveness and game playing to be completely exhausting after a while. She kept leading Kellan on and deceiving Denny.  There were quite a few times I literally wanted to punch her.  I was slightly sympathetic to her for the first half of the book (which by the way, is very slow to start, but keep with it, it's worth it) and I could see her dilemma, but after a while, I just keep screaming "C'mon girl, wake up and smell the coffee" (literally as she talks about the smell of coffee a lot in this book)! She is very insecure, which I can understand being that her sister is a Hooters girls and completely hot in addition to girls constantly throwing themselves at Kellan. But, honey, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!  She was under a lot of stress over the course of this book, but she had a lot of "help" working it out...



The secondary characters in this book are good as well. I love Evan and Jenny, and how can you not love and crack up at Griffin. I love the scenes he is in. He's completely inappropriate and crude, but he's hiliarious.  This series keeps getting better with each book.  Next up is Effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment