Thursday, March 7, 2013

Review of Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart.

Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.’


***** 5 STARS:  Butterflying A-MAZ-ING!!! I loved it. Colleen Hoover now ranks up there with my favorite authors. She has a way of writing lovable and complex characters and incredibly emotional stories without all the excruciating detail and flowery language that many authors have used lately. It was refreshing and I'm so happy I was introduced to her through this site. These two books have helped change my outlook on life and opened my eyes to new music and art (slam poetry). Point of Retreat (and Slam) had me openly weeping in public (something I don't usually do) as well as laughing out loud. The roller coaster of emotions is WELL worth the cheap price of admission!

The new characters introduced in Point of Retreat were wonderful. I completely fell in love with Sherry and Kiersten, in particular. The 11 year old smart mouthed, hilarious little spitfire but vulnerable young girl completely won me over (and stole many scenes in the book). I loved the motherly advice and helpfulness of Sherry (I could relate to a lot of her story as well). I really hope this isn't the last we see of Lake, Will, and the rest of the group!

No comments:

Post a Comment